NEW HOURS: We are open at 10am the rest of this month! We may continue staying open at 10am in 2014 if it’s successful, but at least for the holidays, we are open earlier! So, for any late holiday shoppers out there, we’ll be here at 10am!
A few more new things:
1. We are offering gift wrapping for book purchases! This weekend, the Children’s Literacy Network will volunteer their gift-wrapping services. Many thanks to BINC for volunteering their services and wrapping with us last weekend!
2. We have a pretty awesome gift wall display! Jeanne our manager curated a fantastic wall display full of gifts for people you just can’t figure out — like the artist, scientist, or mixologist in your family! The gift wall is as you head down to our lower level, and each cubicle is broken up into category!
3. Thanks to everyone who visited us on Midnight Madness and these first few weeks of holiday shopping! We had no idea what to expect, and we were thrilled with the turnout. (We will definitely have more hot cocoa in stock next year!) Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for more updates as we head into the final days of the holiday gauntlet.
4. We have a new sign! Oliver Uberti, a local designer and artist, came up with the idea to hang large typewriter keys that spell out LITERATI across our storefront. Then we had to get the sign approved and built. We’re thrilled with the result, constructed by Grafaktri. We think it’s original and unique and perfect for the store.
5. Gift cards & holiday cards! Just a reminder, for the picky reader you know, we sell gift cards of any amount. We also have seasonal cards and an exclusive selection of Literati cards — all designed by Ann Arbor artists! (The typewriter one, below, was based off my grandfather’s 1930’s Smith-Corona, which our logo was modeled after too!)
Thanks to everyone who has supported us this holiday shopping season. We’re so lucky to be here and in a community that has embraced us.
-Mike & Hilary & the rest of the Literati book ninjas.